Incorporated in Phoenix, Arizona in 1996 to support the development and installation of battery charging infrastructures for electric vehicles, Electric Transportation Engineering Corporation (eTec), a wholly-owned subsidiary of ECOtality (OTC BB: ETLY), is a recognized leader in the research, development and testing of advanced transportation and energy systems. Specializing in alternative-fuel, hybrid and electric vehicles and infrastructures, eTec is committed to developing and commercially advancing clean electric technologies with clear market advantages.
eTec’s flagship product Minit-Charger™ – fast battery charging systems designed for electric vehicles, airport ground support equipment and material handling applications – allows for faster charging with less heat generation and longer battery life than conventional chargers.
In addition to providing the eTec SuperCharge and Minit-Charger fast charging systems, eTec provides the following products and services:
- Testing and consulting of electric vehicles (EV), hybrid electric vehicles (HEV), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV), and hydrogen powered vehicles and fleets.
- Project management that includes testing, research and development of advanced technologies.
- Battery performance testing
- Design and installation of standard electric vehicle charging and fast charging stations for public access, commercial fleets, and residential applications.
- Design and construction of alternative-fuel infrastructure (including electric, compressed natural gas (CNG)/hydrogen-blended fuels and pure 100 percent hydrogen).
- Development of hydrogen-powered internal combustion engine (HICE) Silverado trucks and refueling stations.
- Advanced vehicle testing and failure analysis for automotive companies and U.S. Department of Energy.
- Development and testing of advanced lithium and nickel-metal hydride batteries.
- Consulting and technical support for major utility projects.
For any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us.
For additional information about the work eTec and its sister company, Electric Transportation Applications (ETA), is doing with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Advanced Vehicle Testing Activity (AVTA), please visit http://avt.inl.gov/
Click here for eTec and ETA clients